》 About Us 》 History
- Air China Cargo commenced business with Air China.
- The first B747-200F was ordered.
- Cargo Service Department was officially established and directly affiliated to Air China.
- Air China Cargo Branch was founded officially simulating to be accounted independently.
- Air China Cargo was set up officially, which enabled the separation of passenger transportation and cargo transportation in operative mechanism.
The first self-purchased B747-400F was introduced.
PEK-SEL cargo flight route was opened.
- The road feeder service of PEK-SHE was launched.
- Air China Cargo acquired the right to use the code of CA and 999 from IATA successfully.
The first self-purchased B747-400F (B2475) was put into service.
A scheduled cargo flight route from Chengdu to Frankfurt was opened.
- Three B747-400Fs(B-2476,B-2477,B-2478)were introduced.
A cargo flight route from Beijing to Dallas was openedlaunched.
Air China Cargo obtained independent air carrier certificate from CAAC.
The first direct all cargo flight to Northern Europe PVG-PEK-CPH-PVG was launched.
- A cargo flight route from Shanghai to Manchester was openedlaunched.
Air China Cargo fully took over the overseas cargo flight right and operation right of Air China to be an independent air cargo operator.
- The customer service hotline 101100999 was put into use.
The self-operated road feeder service in Frankfurt was opened.
- The first flight to Taiwan was launched.
The first B747-200F (B2448) was retired.
The scheduled cargo route of PVG-PEK-VIE-MIL was launched.
B747-400BCF(B-2456,B-2458)were put into services.
Air China Cargo acquired IOSA certificate from IATA.
- February 25: Air China and Cathay Pacific Airways officially signed a joint venture agreement on cargo transportation;
March 6: Open Shanghai – Beijing – Copenhagen – Paris – Shanghai cargo aircraft route; June 18: Officially open the new Comprehensive Business Building;
July 20: Introduce the 3rd B747-400BCF cargo aircraft (B2460) and put it into operation; October 19: The first all cargo aircraft introduced by Civil Aviation Administration of China (CAAC) and the last B747-200 cargo aircraft (B2462) got retired;
October 31: Open Shanghai – Tokyo – Shanghai cargo aircraft route;
November 3: Put the first B747-400 cargo aircraft B2455 introduced from Cathay Pacific Airways into operation
- January 16: Air China Cargo opened its T3 international cargo terminal officially.
January 24: Air China Cargo performed the task of disaster relief charter flight transportation to Sri Lanka.
February 15: East China Base of Air China Cargo was formally established.
March 28 - 31: Air China Cargo performed the task of disaster relief charter flight transportation to Japan twice.
April 15: Air China Cargo opened its Dalian - Frankfurt Cargo Air Route.
April 29: Air China Cargo opened its Chengdu - Shanghai Cargo Air Route.
May 6: the Cargo Joint Venture Project of Air China and Cathay Pacific Airways was completed, and Air China Cargo held the grand ceremony.
July 2: Air China Cargo performed its first cargo charter flight from Chongqing to North America.
July 6: Air China Cargo introduced the second B747-400 cargo aircraft from Cathay Pacific Airways. By then, Air China Cargo has achieved ten B747-400 cargo aircrafts.
August 24: Air China Cargo officially opened its Shanghai - Hong Kong Cargo Route.
August 26: Air China Cargo re-opened its Shanghai - Dallas Air Cargo Flight.
- March 16: Air China Cargo opened the cargo airline of Shanghai-Chennai-Chongqing-Shanghai.
July 20: No.B2453 cargo aircraft joined in cargo aircraft team of Air China Cargo.
August 5: “Returning Capsule of Shenzhou IX” traveled by cargo aircraft of Air China Cargo and arrivedon Hong Kong International Airport for exhibition.
August 19: Air China Cargo opened the cargo airline of Shanghai-Chengdu/Chongqing-Amsterdam.
September 9: Air China Cargo opened the cargo airline of Zhengzhou-Shanghai-Chicago.
November 22: Air China Cargo accomplished its task of emergency humanistic cargo transportation to Cuba, which is a part of assistance provided by Chinese Government.